2. Source of data and purpose of data processing
2.1 Browsing data
In the course of their normal operation, the IT systems responsible for the operation of the Services acquire some of your personal data, whose transmission is implicit in the use of internet communication protocols. This information is not collected for the purpose of identifying you, but could lead to your identification if, for instance, it is combined with data held by third parties. This category of data includes the IP address and domain name of your computer, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server and other parameters relating to your operating system. We use this data for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the Services and to check that they are working properly. We delete the data collected in this way immediately after processing. The data could be used to ascertain liability in the event of computer crimes committed against the Services.
2.2 Information for specific services
Browsing our website does not require the creation of a personal account.
In some parts of the website, however, it is possible to fill in contact forms and request or provide information. In such cases, the data processed are only those provided by the user, such as first name, surname, e-mail address and any personal data included in the text of the message.
In addition, you can provide your personal data via the page selioverseas.com/lavora-con-noi/posizioni-aperte/, to send us your application and your CV. Your data will be processed by the Company exclusively for the purpose of evaluating a possible employment relationship. Further information on data processing can be viewed by consulting the information on data processing available on the website itself.
Should you collect, process and notify us of information referring to third parties, you must do so in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation and, therefore, you must give them prior notice of the processing and, if necessary, you must obtain their free and express consent before processing.
2.3 Nature of data provision
Providing us with the information referred to in point 2.1. is mandatory in order to browse our websites. Providing the additional information referred to in point 2.2. is optional. Your refusal to provide them would still enable you to use our websites but would prevent you from using the specific services indicated or from discovering and exploring their full potential.
2.4 Information collected through cookies and other technologies
Cookies are short text files that are downloaded to the user’s device when visiting a website. At each subsequent visit, the cookies are sent back to the website that originated them (first-party cookies) or to another website that recognises them (third-party cookies). Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise the user’s device. They serve various purposes such as, for instance, enabling efficient browsing between pages, remembering favourite sites and, in general, improving the browsing experience. They also help to ensure that the advertising content displayed online is better targeted to the user and their interests. Depending on the function and purpose of use, cookies can be classified into technical cookies, profiling cookies and third-party cookies. This website only uses technical cookies and third-party cookies.
– Technical cookies
Technical cookies are those whose use does not require the consent of the user. These technical cookies include essential cookies, also called “strictly necessary” cookies, which enable functions without which it would not be possible to make full use of the website. These cookies are used exclusively by the Company and are therefore first-party cookies. They are only saved on the user’s computer during the current browser session.
Technical cookies also include those used to statistically analyse accesses or visits to the Website, also known as “analytics” cookies, which are exclusively for statistical purposes (but not for marketing or profiling purposes) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of identifying the individual user. These cookies can be deactivated and/or deleted via the browser settings. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of the user’s browser. To understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Alternatively, you can use the “Help” option in your browser for more information.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari and iOS
Below, for each technical cookie, we have listed: its name, purpose of use and retention period.
|Cookie type||Cookie name||Purpose of use||Retention time|
|Necessary||CookieConsent||Stores the user’s cookie consent status for the current domain||1 years|
|Preferences||pll_language||This cookie is used to determine the visitor’s preferred language and to set the website language based on that preference, if possible||1 years|
– Statistical cookies
|Cookie type||Cookie name||Purpose of use||Tempo di conservazione|
|Statistics||_pk_id#||Collects statistics on access to the website, such as number of accesses, average time spent on the website and which pages have been read||1 years|
|Statistics||_pk_ses#||Used by the Piwik Analytics platform to track visitor page requests during the session||1 day|
3. Data processing methods and data retention
We process your personal data with the help of electronic means and always in compliance with the security requirements of the applicable legislation. Our security measures include contractual means with any contractor (e.g. service providers) or agent to ensure the protection of the security and confidentiality of your personal data in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection legislation.
4. Scope of disclosure
4.1 Internal and external disclosure of personal data
Your personal data will only be processed by persons with prior authorisation to process them, i.e. data processors. In particular, your data may be disclosed to the following categories of external parties: professional and/or technical service providers, consultants and professionals, also in associated form, legitimate recipients under the law. The recipients of the data act as data controllers or processors according to the applicable legislation. Should we be involved in a reorganisation, acquisition or sale of our company or parts of it, we will disclose your data to the third parties involved in the procedure.
4.2 Transfer of data abroad
We may transfer your personal data outside of Italy to third party recipients established within the European Union. This transfer is free as each country of the European Union guarantees an adequate level of data protection. We may, however, also transfer your data to third countries not belonging to the European Union, which do not guarantee the same level of data protection. Nevertheless, we inform you that such transfer to third countries will always take place in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, i.e. through the collection of your consent, when necessary, or through the adoption of any other measures necessary to ensure the security of the data being transferred, e.g. the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
5. Data subject rights
You may exercise your rights under the GDPR at any time, as follows:
- Request for access to your personal data: you have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed and, if they are, to obtain access. Access involves the disclosure of certain information, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data processed and the recipients to whom the data are disclosed. There is, however, no right of access that can be exercised absolutely, and the interest of other individuals may limit your right of access. You also have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data being processed. A fee may be charged for additional copies.
- Rectification of your personal data: you have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you, as well as to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, including by providing a supplementary declaration.
- Erasure of your personal data: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, and the controller is obliged to erase your personal data without undue delay if certain circumstances exist, including the fact that the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or that your consent has been withdrawn.
- Limitation of the processing of your personal data: in limited circumstances – including if the accuracy of the data is contested – you have the right to request the restriction of the processing of personal data concerning you.
- Portability of data: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to a data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided where the processing has been based on consent and is carried out by automated means.
- Opposition to processing: you have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation.
The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (the Italian Data Protection Authority) remains unaffected.
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact details identified below.
6. Data Controller
The Site and Services are managed by Seli Overseas S.p.A. with registered office in Via Silvio D’Amico, 53 – 00145 ROME; Tel: +39 06 87817300 – +39 06 87817366; e-mail: email@example.com, acting as data controller.